Welcome to The Adventures of Bobby and George..

Welcome to The Adventures of Bobby and George. Way back then i used to love to write. By writing this blog im trying to recapture that love again. So here are our adventures. Our little family life. For family who live round the corner and for family that dont. For our children to read when they've grown. But really just to write. Hope you enjoy x

Monday 16 April 2012

An Eating out Adventure

A couple of months ago while walking out of a coffee shop in the beautiful Yorkshire village of Howath, a lady stopped me and said THE nicest thing i could ever hear. "Excuse me, Can i just tell you how beautifully well behaved your children are" God bless that woman.  To say i welled up was an understatement. I could have kissed her,scrap that i could have married her. Honestly it was music to my ears. Is there a more satisfying statement that you could hear?!
Ok Luce, That's great but come on its not that good is it?! I can hear you say. But for me folks,that was it. I had peaked as a mum!
After this had happened i was having a good think about why it made me feel so good. I think it was a number of reasons.
One would be that, I'd say one of my biggest battles is not caring about what other people think of me. I totally do. And i wish i didn't, I'm working on it, but the reality is i do.
Secondly i like to think i try to respect other people in restaurants. Not everyone is child friendly,some people may have left their children at home and are having a child free lunch. So i try to keep my boys near us and the volume turned down slightly.
Also i want to teach my kids that if we are in a restaurant then there is a way to behave while we are there.I'm not talking about a pub with a beer garden/play area where the kids run wild and so they should. I'm talking about them sitting at the table while they eat their dinner. I appreciate some kids cant do this, and that's fine, I'd be the last person to judge them.
We went out for dinner yesterday with my dad for his birthday,And my kids defiantly had a cheekiness/cuteness combo going on. Bobby sat for most of the time with his cousin at the end of the table because my sister had the genius thought to bring Lego for them. So he was sorted.
2 minutes in his highchair and it became crystal clear that George however had no intention of sitting anywhere or staying still for that matter for longer than 45 seconds. He then went on to throw his Yorkshire pudding in my lovely (and very glam it has to be said ) friends bag, to stand and talk to our fellow diners at their table, Look out the window 3 thousand times and get in the way of the poor waitress trying to deliver our food too many times to count.
So even if i strive to get my kids to a standard level to sit in a restaurant and eat their dinner,as you can see this is a work in progress. We are a work in progress. However i find snacks for George and toys for Bobby in the nappy bag really help and lets only put the 18 month old in his high chair at the very very last minute.

Here's a link to the restaurant we went to yesterday  The House. I'd honestly recommend it if you live in West Yorkshire and have kids or don't have kids. They were super child friendly, brought the kids main while we had our starter and ice cream while we had our mains. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment