Welcome to The Adventures of Bobby and George..

Welcome to The Adventures of Bobby and George. Way back then i used to love to write. By writing this blog im trying to recapture that love again. So here are our adventures. Our little family life. For family who live round the corner and for family that dont. For our children to read when they've grown. But really just to write. Hope you enjoy x

Friday 25 May 2012

Midnight Wakenings



So this post started as a 10 on Tuesday type post but I've got allsorts whizzing round in my head at the moment and this is just a bit I thought I'd share..
At 2.45 this morning I had a sort of Epiphany. I think. I'd woken up about 2am after a bad dream and couldn't get back to sleep. Pete is away at the moment and he's worked away 2/3 days a week for a couple of years now so I'm pretty good at being in the house on my own at night. But last night was different.
I woke up sweating with my heart racing relieved that what had just happened (all my family in a gas explosion) wasn't real. I then was convinced someone was going to break into the house. It was weird because like I said I'm generally fine on my own in the night.
I was trying to figure out why this happens to me every couple of weeks, sometimes I'll wake Pete up and make him go downstairs to check the house James Bond style. And I'm militant at locking the doors before i go to bed (locksmiths daughter).
I know this sounds crazy. This doesn't make sense to me as we've never been broken into at night before. But then i remembered.
When I was a little girl, I think about 5. We were broken into. It was nothing dramatic but i could hear my little puppy barking like mad and knew there was someone in the house. I didn't do anything because obviously i was 5 and well scared so just stayed in my bed. Like i said it wasn't anything dramatic but it makes sense to me now why i get a bit freaked in the night occasionally.
I like it when things make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment